"We cannot really love anybody with whom we never laugh!"

Agnes Repplier


"Laugh as much as you breath, and love as long as you live..."

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Parents with you Through it All...

I didn't actually see this happen as it was a few yards ahead of me, but I am so glad that my brother snapped a photo of it. This runner had exhausted everything she had within her, but never gave up the fight. Her parents carried her by her armpits the last half a mile as she inched along with one foot in front of the other. I caught up to her at the finish line only to see her collapse into a wheelchair and then be rushed into the medical tent. That girl is a trooper and a real hero. She could have easily given up and climbed into what I like to call the "dead body van," but her parents lifted her spirits even more by staying by her side until the end. They should all three be very proud...