"We cannot really love anybody with whom we never laugh!"

Agnes Repplier


"Laugh as much as you breath, and love as long as you live..."

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Our Majestic Peak


To the west of our little city of Colorado Springs sits a 14,000 foot peak we like to call "Pike's Peak." I've been to the top and you are literally above the clouds! It's incredible to watch clouds form right in front of you and then roll down the rocky slopes. A couple weeks ago I was in Garden of the Gods snapping some photos when the peak caught my eye. The wind was whipping clouds around causing a beautiful scene...it reminded me somewhat of Mt. Everest! Of course I've never been there but it just seemed so incredible to think about!
The "line" in the trees that you see to the bottom left of the picture is the "Incline." I mentioned it before in my blog as it is a mile straight up trail complete with railroad ties! I have done it before (only once) and plan on hitting it again with some friends on Saturday mornings this Summer. Colorado is fantastic!