"We cannot really love anybody with whom we never laugh!"

Agnes Repplier


"Laugh as much as you breath, and love as long as you live..."

Friday, March 27, 2009

Record Blizzard Hits Colorado Springs!

WOW! An amazaing blizzard hit us hard yesterday and today...and by amazing I mean absolutely WICKED! The wind gusts are around 40 to 50 miles per hour with little or no visibility. Both Wayne's work and my work closed early Thursday which was a good thing since conditions outside worsened as the night went on! The city made a "callout" to all snowplows to help clear over 2,200 miles of snow covered roads! This meant that absolutely ANYONE with a plow on their truck was called to work, payed by the city or not! The entire city is completely shut down. All schools, military bases, health clinics, etc are advising their employees to stay home and don't travel unless you have to. The funny thing about all this is I am looking outside my window right now and it's not even snowing anymore! The wind is blowing pretty hard, but no white flakes!
I was supposed to teach a 9:30 yoga class this morning at Gold's, but after talking to my boss on the way in we decided to call it off. There are HUGE snowdrifts laying across the roads, with three inches of ice underneath. I spun around and slid the entire way to the gym before calling my boss and asking her what she wanted me to do. Turns out that they ended up cancelling all morning classes and not opening the gym until after 9 am anyway. I have never seen anything like it before. The city is shut down and empty like it's the end of the world or something! I am going to post some photos of the snow if I can get out today and buy some batteries for my camera. The crazy thing about all this is that tomorrow it is supposed to be 45 degrees and sunny....that's Colorado for you!